LocationRobert Treat Hotel
Fifty Park Place
Newark, New Jersey
Date & Time07/19/2018 to 07/19/2018
7:30 AM to 3:15 PM
CategoryCommercial Real Estate
CAPRE will convene all of the most active commercial real estate developers, investors, tenants, capital sources, architects, engineers, public sector executives and brokers for important discussion, debate and networking on July 19. Indeed, CAPRE’s Fourth Annual Newark CRE Summit is the most important event of 2018! Expert speakers will address important industry trends, including:
- Where are we with job growth in Newark? Why are we not seeing more job growth in Newark?
- Analysis of office leasing trends and the impact of technology: How to get millennials into an office building in 2018
- What types of retail tenants are seeking space, and why? How has Amazon changed the face of retail in Newark?
- Analysis of multifamily projects
- Headwinds or Tailwinds? Will rising interest rates and economic uncertainty benefit certain types of investors?
Expert speakers will discuss:
- The evolving capital markets arena in 2018: Analysis of active debt, equity and alternative financing sources
- Newark adaptive reuse & the modern tech-savvy tenant base: Analysis of the new and emerging office and retail tenants taking down space in Brick City
- Analysis of activity in the for-rent and for sale multifamily arenas
- Transit system expansion & TOD: Can regional infrastructure and resiliency sufficiently support growth in the various property types?
- Redevelopment and repositioning of assets
- The outlook for retail leasing
- The office development/leasing forecast
- Multifamily operations strategies that add value
- The types of investors deploying capital in Newark
- The city’s vision for development and economic growth
- The most active banks and debt sources for development and investment
- JV equity opportunities
- Opportunities in for-rent and for-sale multifamily
- Opportunities in affordable housing
- Transit-oriented development opportunities
- Public-private sector joint-ventures