1st Cast Opportunity Fund, LLC was created by the executives of Jcap Financial Group and Jcap Private Lending to invest in high yielding mortgages and real estate assets.
- Southern California-Based Lender with National Reach
- Experienced Executive Team skilled in lending, asset management, and real estate development in markets throughout the U.S.
- Deep Relationships with players in lending and real estate in most major markets
- Access to a pipeline of loans to be sold at discounts
Liquidation strategy of purchased Assets will include refinance, work out, and/or sale of notes to achieve the highest possible returns.
Property Geographic Area Details
Only 1st Liens
Average LTV for All Loans
Property Types and Loan Types
- Residential Property
- Residential Investment
IRA Investment Option
70/30 to 20% Investor Yield, then 60/40
1st Cast Opportunity Fund buys high yielding performing and non-performing mortgages and REO properties.
The Fund believes COVID-19 has created a once in a decade opportunity to purchase billions of dollars in mortgage loans and Real Estate assets at a discount due to the market disruption caused by COVID-19.
- Frozen bank lines of credit, stay at home orders, a surge of unemployment…
- Federal stimulus, national housing shortage, record low mortgage rates…
OPPORTUNITY. OPPORTUNITY. OPPORTUNITY.
The management of 1st Cast Opportunity Fund and JCAP Financial Group has over 50 years of combined experience in real estate lending, development, asset management, brokerage, and construction. Nationally recognized in US Hard Money, our deep relationships position us for success.
The JCAP team is uniquely poised to capitalize on the opportunity caused by the COVID-19 market disruption.
- Loan Pool: Single Family Residential Loans
- Loan Types: Performing and Non-Performing Bridge Loans
- Strategy: Maximize yield through acquisition and workout
- Average Yield: 11.69%
- Average LTV: 61.4%
- Average FICO: 664
- Current Leverage: 7.2%
- Type: Closed-End
- Reinvestment of Capital: Optional
- Minimum Investment: $200,000
- Maximum Investment: $10M (higher values require secondary approval)
- Fund Term: 5 years with optional extension; 12 mo. Investment Lock-Up
- Investor Preferred return: 8% annualized paid quarterly
- Investor Annual Return Waterfall: 70/30 to 20% Investor Yield, then 60/40
- Fund Management Fee: 2% of Principal Paid Annually
- Custodian: US Bank
- Auditor: Global First Accounting Group
- Independent Manager: Corporation Service Company
Jcap Private Lending
Jcap Private Lending (Jcap), a Division of Jcap Financial Group, is a California based Private Lender specializing in Investor Funded High-Yield Short-Term Real Estate Loans. Founded in 2011, Jcap focuses on speed, simplicity, and safety for borrowers and investors.
- Average yield of 9.4% for Investors.
- Average borrower FICO Score of 675.
- Loan-to-Values are typically 65% or less.
- Servicing over $80,000,000 in Short-Term Real Estate Loans as of May 1, 2020.
- 2 problem loans- No other Real Estate Loans have had losses in the company’s history.
About Jcap Private Lending
Jcap Private Lending is a direct lender who closes and services investor funded short-term real estate loans. Jcap’s experienced team has been providing quality mortgage services for over 30 years. Jcap Private lending is an asset-based lender who steps in to quickly solve a short-term financial need secured by real estate. Jcap has an innovative approach to lending: focusing on speed, simplicity, and safety for borrowers and investors. We care and we serve.
Bob Eakin, CEO
Bob Eakin is the CEO of Jcap Financial Group. With National recognition and 30+ years in Real Estate Lending, Bob’s primary leadership role is Investor Relations and Underwriting for Jcap Private Lending, Jcap Development, Coase Real Estate, and Jcap Financial Group’s other affiliate organizations.
Jason Harris, President
Jason Harris is the President of Jcap Private Lending where he is focused on key business initiatives such as origination, process workflow implementation, marketing, and recruiting. Jason brings over 20 years of experience in real estate, finance, development, brokerage, and private lending.