Now Seeking Investment Funds for Expansion
Experts in Fix-And Flip lending. Serving the DC, MD, and VA market for 18+ years. Fixed yield returns available in our 506(c) debt fund.
Property Geographic Area Details
DMV Region - DC, Maryland, Virginia
6% to 8% Annually
Only 1st Liens
Property Types and Loan Types
- Residential Property
- Commercial Property
- Residential Investment
- Residential Land
- Fix & Flip
- Rehab Value Add
- Individual Accredited
- Ultra High Net Worth Investor
- Family Office
- Private Equity
- Hedge Fund
All Loans Held in Portfolio
IRA Investment Option
Regulation D 506(c)
PPM Debt Offering:
- Seeking up to $30MM in 506c fund.
- $100,000 minimum investment.
- Accredited investors only.
- Promissory Note.
- Investor receives a fixed monthly return, interest only.
- 1 year minimum commitment.
- Additional funds to support business growth due to increasing lending demand.
CSF provides business-purpose loans to real estate investors.
An interest spread over its cost of funds; and Loan fees – upfront loan origination and closing fees, loan administration fees (such as draw requests and progress inspections), and loan maturity extension fees.
- An asset-based lender: All loans are evaluated based on the property’s after-repair value (ARV) to make a clear and viable profit margin built into the borrower’s entire transaction.
- Market expertise: CSF’s affiliate, Clear Sky Properties, has acquired, repaired, and sold over 300 properties since 2009.
Lending Market: DC/VA/MD Metro area.
- Single family
- Multi-unit properties
- Purchase & rehab
- Project completion
- Bridge financing
- New construction
LENDING TERMS & REVENUE STREAMS DETAIL
In general, CSF offers the following Loan Terms, which can vary depending on the specific property and project:
- Loan Amount: Up to $1,500,000 on up to 75% of the ARV of the property.
- Length of Term: 6-12 Months Balloon Note.
- Payments: Standard Loan Program = Monthly, Interest-Only Payments.
- Joint Venture Program: All pmts deferred to loan payoff (10% upfront fee).
- Interest Rate: Competitive with DC/VA/MD metro market (varies depending on loan factors).
- Origination Points: Competitive with DC/VA/MD metro market (varies depending on loan factors).
- Fees: No Application Fee (see the Fees Schedule table attached for all other fees).
- Closing Date: Can occur within days of approval.
- Lien Types: Primarily First Liens; Second Liens may be available depending on loan factors.
- Renovation Draws: Progress inspections may be required depending on the project.
- Prepayment Penalty: None.
Experts in Fix-And-Flip, Financing Successful Projects
- Fix-And-Flip Expertise: CSF shares its expert knowledge with borrowers to make each project a success.
- Free ARV Estimate: CSF provides the borrower with its own estimate of ARV free of charge.
- Asset Based Decisions: If CSF agrees with the project’s ARV, renovation budget, purchase price, and the borrower’s ability to successfully execute, CSF will provide a Term Sheet within 24 hours.
- Fast Decisions and Simplified Term Sheet: Speed is critical, so CSF provides same-day commitments using a simple one-page Term Sheet.
- Fast Closing: CSF closes directly with the borrower in a matter of days. No middlemen, no borrower credit check, no tax forms, potentially no down payment.
- Wholesale Program: If a real estate investor has an attractive opportunity on a property but does not have the bandwidth or expertise to perform, CSF can offer to take over the property by paying the investor a Wholesale Fee at closing.
Loan Servicing Platform: The Mortgage Office
- Loan Administration
- Cash Management
Accounting and Finance: Cherry Bekaert, LLP
- Financial Reporting
- Tax Preparation and Filing
- 2016 Cherry Bekaert
- 2017 Cherry Bekaert
- 2018 Cherry Bekaert
Charlie has more than 20 years of real estate experience, and is particularly skilled in structuring and negotiating distress sales. Along with Sam Jacknin, Charlie co-founded Clear Sky Properties LLC in 2005 and Clear Sky Financial LLC in 2013. He primarily takes the lead for networking, sourcing, and negotiating new deals. Charlie is a long time board member of Catholics for Housing, is a licensed Realtor in Virginia, and has a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Devry Institute of Technology.
Sam has more than 25 years of experience in a broad range of real estate endeavors, particularly with distressed property sales and development. Along with Charlie Einsmann, Sam co-founded Clear Sky Properties LLC in 2005 and Clear Sky Financial LLC in 2013. He primarily takes the lead for loan closing and administration duties for CSF while he and Charlie also collaborate on prospective deals. Sam also owns and is principal broker for Green Dot Realty, is a licensed Realtor in Virginia, D.C., and Maryland. He earned his B.S. in Anthropology and M.B.A. in Finance and Marketing from George Mason University.
The statements contained in this advertisement do no not constitute an offer or sale of any securities of the Clear Sky Financial Lightning Fund (the “Company”). Prospective investors are advised to carefully review the Company’s private placement memorandum, operating agreement and subscription documents (“Offering Documents”) and to consult their legal, financial and tax advisors prior to considering any investment in the Company. Sales of any securities will only be completed through the Company’s Offering Documents and will be made to Investors who meet certain accredited investor standards. Past performance is not indicative of future returns or Fund results. Individual investment performance, examples provided and/or case studies are not indicative of overall returns of the Company. In addition, there can be no guarantee of deal flow in the future. Forward looking statements are not statements of historical fact and reflect the Company’s views and assumptions regarding future events and performance. All forward-looking statements address matters that involve risks and uncertainties.