Private Mortgage Fund for Western States Investment Properties
TaliMar Financial is recognized as one of the leading residential and commercial private money lenders. Since 2008, TaliMar Financial has provided the real estate investment industry a direct source of capital for their borrowing needs.
Our lending platform specializes in funding hard money Fix & Flip, Construction, and Bridge Loans. TaliMar Financial has funded over 600 loans totaling over $220 million throughout California, Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii.
The success of our private lending platform has allowed us to quickly scale our trust deed investment and mortgage fund offerings. As of the end of Q2 2021, we manage a loan portfolio of 95 loans with an outstanding balance of over $50MM.
Our long-term focus is to build upon the success of our existing lending platform by continuing to offer a secure source of mortgage investment options to our investor base.
Property Geographic Area Details
California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii
7.25% to 7.25% Annually
Majority are 1st Liens
Average LTV for All Loans
Average Loan Term
Property Types and Loan Types
- Residential Property
- Commercial Property
- Residential Investment
- Residential Land
- Commercial Land
- Equity Cash Out
- Fix & Flip
- Rehab Value Add
- Ground-Up Construction
- Individual Accredited
- Ultra High Net Worth Investor
- Family Office
- Private Equity
- Hedge Fund
- Pension Fund
- Insurance Company
All Loans Held in Portfolio
Redemption Notice Period
IRA Investment Option
Regulation D 506(c)
March 22, 2021
50% / 50% after preferred return
WHY INVEST in Talimar Income Fund I?
- Consistent monthly income
- Secured with real estate
- Supply constrained markets
- Diversified loans & investments
- Tax benefits from REIT
Diversified loan offerings in core markets, secured on supply constrained properties.
- Portfolio by Loan Type:
- 53% Bridge
- 30% Fix & Flip
- 16% Fix & Hold
- 1% New Construction
- 100% current loans, no defaults or foreclosure
- 93% 1st position loans (TaliMar in 1st lien position)
- 98% of all loans originated within California.
- 2% of other loans originated within Hawaii & Nevada.
* As of Q1 2021 –reflects loans currently master serviced by TaliMar Financial and does not reflect loans in the fund.
A proven track record in delivering growth and consistent yield to investors.
- 14 year track record
- 7-12% average return
- $220m+ funded to date
- 520+ loans funded
- $50m+ in active loans
- $33m+ funded in 2021
Total loans originated by year:
- 2014: $10.7
- 2015: $13.2m
- 2016: $19.5m
- 2017: $21.2m
- 2018: $26.1m
- 2019: $42.2m
- 2020: $46.5m
- Focus on Markets with Significant Barrier to Entry
- Market to Investors with Successful Track Record
- Target Supply Constrained Property Assets
- Review Property Type and Condition
- Analyze Borrower Financial Condition
- Establish Ability to Pay
- Understand Borrower Repayment Strategy
- CREDIT APPROVAL
- Maintain Loan to Value Guidelines
- Strategic Approval Process to Minimize Defaults
- Proprietary Technology to Manage Closing Conditions
- LOAN SERVICING
- Use of Technology to Minimize Risk to Loan Portfolio
- Identify Potential Issues Early and Take Corrective Action
- Borrower credit checks
- Thorough property valuations
- Market fluctuation analysis
- Supply constrained market focus
- Strict underwriting methodology to mitigate risk and protect against loss
- In-demand property type investments
- Strong exit strategies
Loans provided by TaliMar Financial will be bound by the following guidelines:
- Loan Position: 1st and 2nd position loans
- Loan to Value: 75% of Current / After Repair Value
- Loan Term: 12 to 60-month loan term
- Loan Type: Bridge, Fix & Flip & New Construction
- Property Type: Primary focus on single family and multi-family properties with the ability to fund opportunistic commercial, industrial, retail, and land
- Location: Western United States
TaliMar Financial’s core investment philosophy centers around four key business principles.
- SECURITY – Focusing on supply constrained residential and commercial properties in core markets
- YIELD – Generating above market yields and consistent monthly income in a tax efficient manner
- RISK MITIGATION – Minimizing risk by leverage technology to make real-time lending decisions
- DIVERSITY – Managing portfolio risk by focusing on property, loan type and market diversification
Favorable terms for investors seeking consistent monthly income.
- Name of fund: TaliMar Income Fund LLC
- Offering size: $250,000,000
- Minimum investment: $50,000
- Preferred return: 6.5%
- Profit split: 50% / 50% after preferred return
- Target investor yield: 7.25%
- Distributions: Monthly
- Management fee: None
- Loan servicing fee: 1.5%
- Reinvestment?: Yes
- Leverage?: Yes
- Lockup: 12 months
- Redemption: 90 day written notice
- Fund Type: Regulation D –506(c)
Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) structure provides the investor with significant benefits.
- LOWER TAX EXPOSURE: Allows for 20% Qualified Business Income (QBI) Deduction Regardless of Tax Bracket.
- NO UBIT: Eliminates the Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) for Self Directed IRA and 401k Investors.
- INVESTOR BENEFITS: Provides benefits to Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and 401k investors.
- WITHHOLDING TAX: Eliminates State and reduces foreign withholding tax (treaty dependent).
Brock VandenBerg, President
Brock VandenBerghas been in real estate finance for over 20 years, starting his career as a financial analyst for KeyBank’s Private Equity Group. In that role, Mr. VandenBerg underwrote and funded over $200 million in mezzanine debt and joint venture equity investments. After five years withKeyBank, Mr. Vandenberg accepted a three-year engagement with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), where he supervised the orderly dissolution of failed banks. His responsibilities included the underwriting and liquidation of more than $500 million in performing and non-performing loans.
In 2008, Mr. VandenBerg established TaliMar Financial to provide real estate investors a secure source of capital to purchasedistressed real estate assets. TaliMar Financial has since funded over $220 million in private money loans throughout California and surrounding states and currently services an active loan portfolio of over $46 million.In 2021, TaliMarFinancial launched its first mortgage fund, TaliMarIncome Fund I. The fund was structured as a mortgage REIT to provide its investor base a more tax efficient investment vehicle to invest in mortgages.
A graduate of the University of Michigan, Mr. VandenBergis an active member in the California Mortgage Association (CMA) and various other real estate investment organizations. When not in the office, Mr. VandenBergplays tennis competitively and enjoys spending time with his wife and three children.
CA DRE# 01851415 / NMLS# 337606
Sarah Zybura, Operations Manager
Sarah Zybura is a native San Diegan and holds a B.S. in Organizational Leadership. Ms. Zybura joined TaliMar Financial in late 2014 as a loan processor and has handled various aspects of loan closing and servicing. As TaliMar Financial’sinvestor base grew, Sarah became more involved in business development and investor relations.
Her primarily responsibilities include the underwriting and funding of newly originated hard money loans and raising capital for the growing loan portfolio. Since joining, Sarah has been involved in placing over $200 million in first and second trust deeds.
She also manages the servicing of the loan portfolio to ensure borrower payments and investor distributions are processed in a timely manner.
When not in the office, Ms. Zybura enjoys spending time with her husband and their dog, Augie.
CA DRE #02099979
Rachel Rodem, Loan Servicing
Rachel joined TaliMar Financial in early 2020. Her prior experience is applied daily in her role in Loan Servicing. Rachel’s current responsibilities include onboarding recently funded loans, scheduling construction draws, communicating with borrowers over the course of their loan, and processing loan payoffs.
Rachel Rodems entered the real estate industry when she began her career as an Assistant Property Manager for a prominent family-owned Property Management company. During this time Rachel was responsible for receiving tenant payments and coordinating property tours.
Eager to expand her experience in the real estate industry, Rachel took on a Transaction Coordinator role with a national real estate investment company. In this role, she was responsible for assisting with hundreds of transactions involving the acquisition and disposition of single family and multi-family properties throughout San Diego.
Rachel Rodems received an Associates Degree in Communications from Grossmont College in 2014. When not in the office, Rachel is an avid Crossfitathlete and enjoys spending time with her two children.
Real-time qualified lending decisions to manage the overall health of the investment portfolio.
Bitcotspecializes in web-based platforms and SaaS solutions across multiple business verticals. Bitcotcustom built TaliMarFinancial’scloud-based, loan origination and servicing platform and efficiently streamlines workflow processes across the entire business platform.
FCI LENDER SERVICES
Founded in 1982 to offer a Loan Servicing and Foreclosure Processing platform, FCI Lender Services is the largest Mortgage Loan Servicer dedicated to the Private Money Lending industry. Their platform allows clients to cost effectively service their loan portfolio and ensure lenders are following state and federal servicing guidelines.
Verivestis an industry leader in Fund Servicing and Management. Their proprietary cloud-based application offers an effective solution to manage investor capital and independent financial management of the Mortgage Funds financials.
DISCLAIMER – THIS PRESENTATION IS NOT AN OFFERING DOCUMENT
This Presentation is provided for informational purposes only and is being furnished on a confidential basis only to accredited investors who have expressed an interest in TaliMarFinancial Inc. It does not constitute an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy any security. Such offers can be made onlybythe Private Placement Memorandum (“PPM”) and related subscription documents. Please be aware that this Presentation cannot and does not replace the PPM. It is qualified in its entirety by the PPM. The PPM is the document that you must read and rely on in its entirety in order to make an investment decision.
This Presentation may contain forward-looking statements, including the future plans, objectives, assumptions, estimates and projections of the management of TaliMarFinancial Inc. Such statements are subject to a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors. There can be no assurance that certain cash flows, profits or returns will be generatedand you could lose all or part of your investment. Please refer to the risk factors set forth in the “Investment Considerations” section of the PPM.