Job FunctionLoan Processing
Job RegionSouthern California
The Credit Analyst / Underwriter is responsible for processing, underwriting and closing real estate loans secured by multifamily (5+ units) and commercial real estate nationwide. In addition to processing and underwriting loans, the Credit Analyst / Underwriter will assist loan officers with the initial sizing, pricing, and structuring of loan requests and the delivery of the initial Letter of Intent (LOI).
- Process and underwrite multifamily (5+ units) and commercial real estate loans.
- Assist Loan Officers with loan sizing, pricing, structuring, risk mitigation, loan feasibility, and LOI preparation.
- Perform due diligence on borrowers, guarantors, and collateral.
- Coordinate, review, analyze and approve third-party reports, including, appraisals, property condition reports, environmental reports, surveys, preliminary title reports, and other third-party reports.
- Prepare credit approval recommendations.
- Recommend approvals or denials of loan requests within policy and loan limits.
- Manage new loan submissions and the underwriting pipeline.
- Manage loan document preparation and loan closings.
- Assist with loan administration; including, payoff demands, modifications and extensions, insurance and tax monitoring, default management, and other portfolio management functions.
- Assist with regulatory reporting.
- Help develop and maintain the company’s underwriting guidelines and underwriting tools, as necessary.
- Assist with product development, mentoring and training.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience processing and underwriting multifamily (5+ units) and commercial real estate loans. Experience underwriting senior assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities is highly desired.
- Institutional credit training (commercial bank, investment bank, etc.) with an emphasis on commercial real estate loans is highly desired.
- Experience underwriting loans against transitional properties and/or properties with construction components.
- Excellent processing and underwriting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to identify issues and create solutions
- Problem solver
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Proactively accomplishes tasks
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple loans at different stages in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient use of Excel (including creating and developing underwriting models and templates), Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Full-time, on-site at our Newport Beach office
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Salary (depending on experience)
- Performance-based bonuses
- Health, dental & vision for employee and immediate family
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- A team-oriented office environment
- Growth potential
Formed in 2008, Wilshire Finance Partners is an alternative, balance sheet lender focused on originating multifamily and commercial mortgage loans from $1 million to $10 million throughout the United States. As the manager of 2 real estate debt funds, we have a strong track record in an expanding market segment.