Job FunctionLoan Origination
Job RegionSouthern California
Pivotal Capital Group is an established and entrepreneurial real estate finance company that provides direct business purpose loans to real estate investors and developers who acquire, renovate and resell (“fix & flip”), or build new, non-owner occupied residential real estate throughout California. Our company is well capitalized and institutionally owned.
We are searching for a VP of Originations – Inside Sales to primarily work the Company’s internally generated sales leads, as well, to source loan opportunities directly from investors/builders, realtors, real estate brokers, and mortgage brokers. We seek an individual who is passionate about developing new business, building strategic relationships with clients, and providing excellent service.
While not a requirement, the ideal candidate would have some knowledge of the private / hard money lending industry. The position involves a wide range of skills that encompass sales and marketing, relationship building, networking, loan underwriting, structuring, and negotiation. We will train someone that does not have any prior experience, but possesses the attitude and right blend of skills to succeed.
To be successful in this position, a candidate will need to be a highly motivated team player with a “will do what it takes” attitude that is also dedicated, entrepreneurial, resourceful, creative, and be willing and able to travel throughout Southern California to generate new business, attend investor clubs and networking events, meet prospective borrowers, and visit properties.
- Proactive, outbound sales effort for internally generated leads as well as directly sourcing new leads
- Qualifying leads and loan opportunities for fit with Company lending parameters
- Use and maintain Company CRM platform – Salesforce experience a plus but not required
- Conduct loan and borrower due diligence
- Assist in documenting and closing loans
- Attend and participate in real estate networking events
- Develop and maintain professional lending relationships with residential real estate investors/developers
- Cultivate referral network of real estate agents, mortgage brokers, real estate brokers, and other industry-leading sources
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and creatively source and develop new business
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, and interpersonal
- Excellent computer skills (Mac skills a plus): MS Office
- Recent college graduate with Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Real Estate or Finance preferred
- Base salary plus volume-based bonus
- 401k plan and health insurance benefits
- Paid vacation
Candidate will be working at the Company’s office in Ladera Ranch, CA.
Please include a cover letter describing your background and interest in the position.
Ladera Ranch, CA 96294