Job RegionSan Francisco Bay Area
Full-Time, Salaried, Performance-Based Bonus
We are an early stage mortgage origination & finance company with an Operating Company (OpCo) as well as 3 privately managed Funds. We’re interested in finding an energetic and intellectually curious individual that is passionate about joining a high growth finance company. The primary responsibilities will be focused on the accounting associated with the company’s financial activity (for our OpCo as well as both of our funds). This person will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and support our Fund Accountant. However, we’re also looking for candidates that will be collaborating with other areas of the OpCo effort (including Capital Markets and Loan Servicing).
- Record financial transactions for each Mortgage Loan (OpCo as well as Funds) and complete the posting process.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and monthly account reconciliations.
- Reconcile 3rd party loan servicing statements.
- Generate financial statements working with team members.
- Accounts Receivable – support to Senior Accounting Manager
- Accounts Payable – work with offshore team members to process periodic checks and General Ledger postings.
- Ability to learn new general ledger system quickly (i.e. Loan Vision)
- Work with Capital Markets to validate loan sale data
- Work with Loan Servicing to research outstanding interest receivable.
- At least 3+ years in accounting, working with general ledger postings and analysis
- Solid experience with a General Ledger system
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Strong organizational skills & excellent attention to details
- Deadline and goal-oriented
MINDSET AND CHARACTER
At Conventus, we look for future employees who demonstrate and have the mindset and character of our following 4 core values:
- Consistently achieves and exceeds expectations
- Has a curiosity to explore new avenues for growth and/or efficiency
- Strives for excellence and is accountable for area of responsibility
- Encourages other team members to reach such a level
- Fundamentally hard working
- Thoroughly completes tasks at hand
- Performs duties in a way that is focused around protecting capital
- Employs a level of care and attention to detail in all activities
- Gathers and shares customer information and needs
- Timely shares information about loan and business risk
- Shares ideas and learning moments across the team
- Embraces the communicative and proactive management style
Delight the Customer:
- Strict customer focus across all activities
- Clients always come first
- Continuously thinking of ways to enhance the client experience
- Don’t sweat the small stuff, play the long game with clients
CONVENTUS MISSION AND VISION
Conventus Holdings Corporation was envisioned and created to reduce the number of economic intermediaries involved in the origination, funding and investment in the $25 billion real estate bridge loan market place. True to the Latin origin of the company’s name, “to bring together,” our existence and strength is anchored to a business model that removes unnecessary economic intermediates so that it can provide superior pricing and service to its clients. Our competitive edge in executing our mission is assembling, nurturing, and developing a collaborative group of talented individuals. To that end, diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
- Integrated PTO annually
- Health Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental)
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Pre-tax commuter fund
- Pre-tax medical fund
111 Potrero Ave, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA