Job FunctionLoan Origination
Job RegionDMV Metro Area
Walnut Street Finance was recently named one of the Best Places to Work in the 2019 Washington Business Journal survey of area companies. Walnut Street Finance’s culture is best for candidates with a strong sense of ownership and urgency, and who possess an entrepreneurial spirit. We are a fast-paced, growth focused mortgage lending organization and we are searching for high-aptitude, driven, humble, team-oriented, and friendly co-workers. All team members are empowered to identify needs of the business and add value wherever possible.
- Job Title: Development Officer
- Reports to: VP Business Development
- Probationary Period: Performance review 3 months from start date
- Hours: 40-45 hours/week
- After hours and weekend work may be required to address deadlines, handle projects and attend special/networking events.
- Compensation: Base Salary + Commission + Benefits
- Originate commercial (hard money) loans, from lead discovery to loan close.
- Generate and manage loan inquiries, by identifying prospective customers and industry contacts through a combination of networking, sales initiatives, and lead follow up to grow your borrower book.
- Attend a minimum of (4) evening and weekend networking events per month in order to present our loan programs and meet customers.
- Consult loan applicants and review projects to determine financial eligibility and loan feasibility.
- Evaluate credit and property worthiness through project site visits, comparative market analysis, loan application and summary.
- Update deal information in CRM to ensure leads are followed up with in a timely manner and Underwriters have the most appropriate information.
- Develop and nurture relationships with prospects and customers from origination, to closings, to loan payoff.
- Attend the closings for each of your loans in order to represent the Company, show borrower support, and answer any questions that may arise at the closing table.
- Communicate with each of your borrowers at least once per week via telephone to check on project status, assist with problems, and to stay top of mind for their future projects.
- Other origination duties that may arise for the benefit your book and the bottom line of the Company.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- College degree is preferred. Degree in Finance or Real Estate is beneficial.
- 3+ years of professional experience in real estate, construction management, or sales.
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Willingness to learn and master company’s CRM (i.e., HubSpot) and pipeline software.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and keep track of the multiple stages of your loan closings.
- Very comfortable with telephone and in-person interactions – friendly and pleasant, as well as a clear, professional, and firm communicator.
- Possess a solution-focused manner of thinking that wins business for the Company and nurtures the borrower relationship.
4021 University Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA