Expert Legal Services for Real Estate Investors and Private Mortgage Lenders
Eric Feldman & Associates, P.C. (EFA) is located in Chicago and provides legal services in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin in following areas: Commercial/residential real estate and note transactions, Closing/escrow/title services, Foreclosures and Evictions, Protect creditor rights in Bankruptcy, Litigation oversight nationwide, Property violations, property tax appeal, Due diligence, clerking, recording, document preparation.
Residential and Commercial Transactional Real Estate
EFA assists clients in the acquisition, sale, exchange, financing, and leasing of all types of real estate. Our areas of expertise include negotiating, structuring, and documenting services for persons and companies engaged in commercial and multi-family real estate transactions.
We focus on the following areas:
- Review of Contracts, Disclosures, and HOA Information
- Attorney Review/Inspection – Negotiate/Memorialize
- Financing Issues – Title Issues
- Prepare and Review Closing Documents
- Attend Closing
- Addressing Any Post-Closing Issues
Foreclosures (Lender Representation)
EFA represents lenders, servicers, and investors in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin in processing residential and commercial mortgage foreclosures. We operate in a small firm environment where each file is handled with extreme care so as to provide detailed counsel directly related to the specific circumstances of every client. Our goal is to balance the needs of our clients while treating borrowers with dignity and respect. Our team, comprised of experienced attorneys and staff, is committed to upholding this standard.
With top notch technology, and a full suite of services, EFA handles these sensitive files from initial default all the way through to REO sales.
EFA provides the following services to property owners, lenders, management companies and investors:
- Reviewing the Lease and any other relevant documents, records & notices;
- Preparing the appropriate Termination Notice (5-Day, 10-Day, 30-Day);
- Ensuring that the Termination Notice is properly served, in accordance with current case law and statutory requirements;
- Preparing and filing the Complaint & Summons;
- Ensuring that service of the Complaint & Summons have been completed;
- Preparing for and attending Court hearings with all the necessary documents, notices and records;
- Negotiating a possible settlement with the tenant and advising landlord’s exposure to any potential liability.
- Commencing trial and obtaining an Order for Possession (i.e. Eviction Order) and a money Judgment for unpaid rent and court costs;
- Filing the Order for Possession with the Sheriff for enforcement;
- Addressing any post-trial issues
Title insurance protects the buyer against possible liens, improper documentation or other risks associated with a property. In Illinois, it’s the seller’s obligation to provide this insurance. With title insurance, your transactions will close with no complications
EFA attorneys protect your property rights and guarantee your ability to buy or sell with confidence. Prior to your closing on the property we examine and verify all associated legal documents, which ensures the title can be legally transferred between the prior owner and the new owner.
We conduct a thorough search of public and private records looking for potential legal pitfalls such as previous liens, tax issues, ownership disputes, forgery or fraud and other possible issues that could affect the property.
Once we’ve searched the records and verified the owner’s right to sell the property we will commit to providing you with title insurance – giving all parties peace of mind. Then we’ll help close the transaction!
To provide diligent advocacy by solving the legal problems of businesses and individuals in a creative and cost-effective manner. We are devoted to exceeding our clients’ expectations by effectively recognizing and assessing their needs and moving swiftly to accomplish their goals.
What Makes Us Unique?
- We maintain a paperless policy whenever possible; all our files are digitally stored in secure offsite servers.
- We employ holistic approaches to develop solutions that best fit our clients’ situation.
- Our office is composed of highly dedicated attorneys, working to make our clients’ wishes a reality.
- We utilize shared technology to keep clients and involved parties informed at all times.
- Prepare and pre-sign closing documents to save our clients time and money.
- Community Partners for Affordable Housing – we donate $25 of each transaction to those in need in the Chicagoland area.
- American Association of Private Lenders
123 W. Madison St., Ste. 1704, Chicago, IL 60602
Contact Eric Feldman & Associates
Contact Eric Feldman & Associates by whichever method you choose. There is no fee for making contact, they pay us to be listed here. If you submit an email message, it will be sent to the company, and they will reply to you directly. A copy will be saved in our database.