Loading Additional Profile Sections...
Non-Traditional Mortgage Solutions for Homeowners and Property Investors
For over 20 years Nationwide Mortgage has been helping borrower’s purchase and refinance their properties. Non-Prime, or what is thought of as, “Hard Money” is primarily for consumers with one of several circumstances:
- Bruised Credit – mortgage late payments, bankruptcy, foreclosure, short sale
- Self-employed applicants with good cash flow but low taxable income
- Foreign nationals with little or no US credit history
- Unique properties – rural, agricultural, etc.
- Mixed-use buildings (for example, businesses downstairs and living quarters upstairs)
- Very large loan amounts above traditional loan limits
- Non-warrantable condominiums
- Investors with 10+ rental homes financed
- Long-Term Rentals – quality with property income, no tax return required
- Rehab Fix & Flippers
At this time, we only offer loans for properties located in 6 states:
California, Colorado, Florida, Oregon, Virginia, Washington.
Non-Traditional Loan Examples
Here are some examples of loans that we offer, and the general guidelines that pertain to them.
Example #1: Self-Employed / Bank Statement Program
Although income may be sufficient to qualify, a self-employed applicant may not have the traditional income documentation like tax returns to support their income. So in lieu of tax returns, personal or business bank statements can be provided to show the ability to make the mortgage payments.
- Interest Rate: 5.725% APR: 6.936%
- Loan Amount: $500,000
- FICO: 701
- Origination Fee: 0 points, $2,295 lender fee, plus third party fees like Title, Escrow, and Appraisal
- Term: Fixed rate for 5 years and then becomes a 1 year Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Loan-to-Value: of 75%
- Lien position: 1st Trust Deed
- Loan Amounts: $75,000 to $3,000,000
- Minimum FICO Score: 575
- Term: 30-Year Amortized & Term – 7/1 Hybrid ARM or 30-Yr Fixed
- Property Types: 1-4 Unit Single Family Residences, Condominiums, Townhomes
- Loan-to-Value: Up to 90% (based on appraisal) for credit scores 700+
- Debt-to-Income Ratio: Max of 50%
- No Pre-Payment Penalty
- No Reserves
- Impounds Required
Example #2: Low FICO Score & Low Down payment
- FICO Score: 590
- Loan Amount:$300,000
- Interest Rate: 4.75% APR: 5.743%
- Term: 30 Year Fixed
- Loan-to-Value: 96%
- Lien position: 1st Trust Deed
- Loan Amounts: FHA loan amounts based on county limits
- Term: 5 to 30 years fixed rate terms
- Minimum FICO Score: 575
- Property Types: 1-4 Unit Residential (condominiums are subject to HUD approval)
- Loan-to-Value: Up to 96% (Based on appraisal)
- Employment: Minimum 2 years
- Income Documentation: Tax Returns, W-2’s, Pay Stubs
Example #3: Post Foreclosure or Bankruptcy Program
- Interest rate: 8.375% APR: 8.780%
- Time Since Bankruptcy/Foreclosure: Event was just settled
- Loan Amount: $400,000
- Credit Score: 501
- Origination Fee: 0 points plus $1,295 lender fee, and third party fees like Title, Escrow, and Appraisal.
- Term: Fixed rate for 5 years and then becomes a 1 year Adjustable Rate Mortgage.
- Loan-to-Value: 65%
- Lien position: 1st Trust Deed
- Loan Amounts: $75,000 to $3,000,000. Additional restrictions and additional costs will apply to higher loan amounts.
- Minimum FICO Score: 575. Interest rates are higher for lower credit scores and higher loan to value.
- Loan Term: 5, 7 or 30 years
- Rates are fixed for 5 years or 7 years and amortized over 30 years.
- There is an added cost for 7 year and 30 year fixed rate loans as compared to 5 year fixed rate loans.
- Property Types: 1-4 Unit Single Family Residences, & Condominiums.
- Debt-to-Income Ratio: Up to 50%
- No Pre-Payment Penalty
- Impounded tax and insurance is Required
Sub-prime, Non-Prime, Non-QM or Hard-Monday
The terms sub-prime, non-prime, non-QM or hard money are often used interchangeably to describe a mortgage loan for a consumer when they can’t qualify for a traditional loan. “Qualified Mortgage” is the only government defined loan standards and refers to Traditional Fannie Mae type loans. But not everyone can qualify for this type of loan, so that’s where Non-QM, Non-Prime, sub-prime, and “Hard-money” comes in. These types of mortgage programs make it possible for consumers with unique situations to get a loan. Some of those situations involve credit problems, but not all.
There are many reasons for using non-QM financing, and not all of them involve bad (subprime) credit. Sometimes, very well-qualified applicants have difficulty proving their income — either because its source is foreign, or because the business is new, or because money that is available for a mortgage payment is deducted at tax time.
N A Nationwide Mortgage, a California Corporation is located at 1963 O’Toole Way, Suite 200, San Jose, CA 95131. (949)588-8453 Fax (949)340-8051. Unique Identifier NMLS #32417 www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org.
Real Estate Broker – CA Department of Real Estate #01247594, Performing activities for which a license is required. Colorado Responsible Individual Paul Balla #100507045. Florida Mortgage Broker License #MBR2347. Oregon Mortgage Lending License #ML-3166. Virginia Broker License #MC-5843. Washington Mortgage Broker License #MB-32417.
Noelle Wheeler, President & Broker, NMLS ID 32388 and 32417, CA DRE Broker Lic.01125188
N A Nationwide Mortgage Service Mark @1998. All rights reserved.
Nationwide Mortgage has funded over $5 Billion in mortgage loans since its inception in 1998. We are a full service-mortgage company and a one-stop-shop of all types of real estate secured mortgages for consumers and investors. Loan programs range from Fannie Mae type loans, Non-Prime for credit challenged borrowers, and self employed borrowers, to investment purpose and Hard Money Loans.
Founded in 1997 by President, and CEO Noelle Wheeler. From humble beginnings, the company was launched from the 2nd bedroom and nursery of her apartment in Newport Beach, California. Wheeler quickly grew her network of loan officers, processors, branches and states licensed in. Their operation grew in leaps and bounds.
The three most important principles that have contributed to Nationwide Mortgage’s success have been:
This means treating every Borrower, Co-worker and Business partner the way you want to be treated.
Technology & Efficiency
Harnessing the latest technology and staying ahead of the curve is a key component of making our loan process efficient. When you have a well oiled machine you can pass that savings on to your borrower.
Our borrower clients are our life blood. Without them we are nothing. From the moment they “Step in the door”, whether that be in our main office, through a phone call, or email, we aspire to make the loan experience as pleasurable and efficient as possible. To exceed expectations is our goal every time.
CA DRE Broker Lic. 01247594, NMLS ID 32417
Company Size (Number of Employees)
Office LocationsCorporate Office
1963 O'Toole Way, Suite 200, San Jose, California 95131
Los Angeles Branch Office
4435 Circleview Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90043
Alternative Capital Sources
- Individual Investors
Loan Structure for Majority of Loans
- Table Funding with Capital Partner
- Table Funding with Bank
Percentage of company’s lending business focused on private mortgage
Company’s Other Business Activities Besides Private Mortgage Lending
- Residential Mortgage Brokerage
- Residential Mortgage Banking
Percentage of Loans Secured by Commercial Property
Percentage of Loans Secured by Residential Property
Percentage of Residential Property Loans Which are Owner-Occupied
Percentage of Loans Secured by Land
Total Number of Loans Funded to Date
Total Loan Volume Funded to Date
President | Broker
A Canadian native, Noelle attended Ryerson Polytechnic Institute in Toronto where she obtained a Bachelor of Technology in Architectural Science. In 1990 she moved to Southern California and got her start in the mortgage industry. When the construction market was in a down-turn she ventured in to the mortgage industry as a loan processor. She worked for a few companies including DiTech. After several years of processing, she moved on to underwriting mortgage insurance for MGIC, and GE Capital. She then spent a number of years analyzing the risks of Fannie Mae type loans with Coast Federal Bank and Countrywide Home Loans, among others. She also had the opportunity to do post funding audit reviews which helped to round out her underwriting experience. In 1994 she obtained her Mortgage Broker License and in 1997 started Nationwide Mortgage. Over the last 16 years Noelle has been running the company with the assistance of exceptional people with aligned objectives of providing exceptional service. Nationwide Mortgage currently employs over 30 loan officers, 10 processors, and is licensed in California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, and Virginia. Since its inception Nationwide has funded over $5 billion in mortgage loans. Historically the company has focused on conventional, FHA, and VA loans. After years of running her company Noelle realized there was a need to provide funding to borrowers that were outside of the standard conventional lending guidelines. At that point Noelle expanded Nationwide to add a Private Lending division that focuses primarily on funding loans for investors. She is also an accomplished pianist who enjoys yoga and snowboarding.License Information
CA DRE Broker License - 01125188
Florida Mortgage Loan Originator - LO29466
Oregon Mortgage Loan Originator - 32388
Mortgage Loan Originator - MLO-32388
NMLS - 32388
Senior Loan Officer
Paul is originally from Sao Paulo, Brazil but has lived in California for the majority of his entire life. He has 18 years of mortgage experience and expertise in the following loan products: refinance, purchase and jumbo loans. Paul’s education includes attending Cal Poly Pomona and he is fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish. His business affiliations include the following: Orange County Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, California Association of Realtors and the Mortgage Bank Association. Paul likes being in the mortgage industry because he likes helping people improve their financial situation. When Paul is not working he enjoys spending time with his family and pets, as well as keeping up with the latest political news.License Information
CA DRE Broker License - 01231128
Colorado Mortgage Loan Originator - 100507045
Florida Mortgage Loan Originator - LO41285
Oregon Mortgage Loan Originator - 32417
Virginia Mortgage Loan Originator - MLO-33108VA
Washington Mortgage Loan Originator - MLO-228880
NMLS - 228880
A super smooth process.
A super smooth process. Our loan officer Paul Balla kept us informed through every step of our loan process. We also saved hundreds of dollars a month on our mortgage. We couldn’t be happier! Thank you Nationwide Mortgage
Orange County, California
...Went back to Nationwide and closed in 3 weeks
I started the process with Nationwide but then got a phone call from my current bank saying they would match my refinance. I figured I would just stay where I was and went with my "big bank". Three months later I walked from the closing table because nothing was what I was told it would be. Went back to Nationwide and closed in 3 weeks with lower rate and less costs. NEVER SHOULD OF LEFT!!!
Definitely made this easy for me and are completely friendly.
They have been excellent in the entire process. Definitely made this easy for me and are completely friendly. They work hard to make sure everything runs as smooth as possible with less stress or headaches for the customer to deal with. Thanks again!