Private Lending IRA Services
SELF-DIRECTED IRA LOANS
- Originate new loans or acquire fractional shares of existing loans with your self-directed IRA
- Secure the transaction with collateral as you see fit (you can also leave it unsecured).
- Qualify your borrowers to determine interest rates and loan durations.
Your account is the “lender”, but you pull the strings. You decide who can borrow your tax-advantaged retirement dollars, how much interest they’ll pay, and for how long the loan will last. You can even secure the note and collect payments on behalf of your account, though any payments you personally accept must be forwarded to New Direction Trust Company for deposit.
The IRS prohibits “sweetheart” loans in an IRA. Debt investments must represent genuine economic transactions (no 0% interest rates) and your borrowers must make at least one payment per year.
- 15+ years in business
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Nationally recognized experts
- Phone, live chat, email, and consultations
TECHNOLOGY FOR OUR CLIENTS:
- Industry leader in online self-directed IRA conveniences
- Free online bill pay for your account’s renters or borrowers
- 24/7 on-demand education
- 24/7 account access with myDirection®
THREE SIMPLE STEPS TO A PRIVATE LENDING IRA:
STEP 1: Open Your Account – Complete our online application. Your new account will be fully opened within two business days.
STEP 2: Fund Your Account – Make a contribution, transfer money from a similar account (Traditional IRA to Traditional IRA), or initiate a rollover from a dissimilar account with the same tax status (401(k) to Traditional IRA).
STEP 3: Make Your Investment – Once you and your borrower agree to terms, please entitle any loan and/or security documentation in the name of your account. For example, “NDTCO as custodian FBO John Doe Roth IRA #123XXXX.” Upon receipt of correct paperwork, we will issue the specified funds to your borrower.
New Direction Trust Company now employs over 70 full-time staff members, provides services for over 17,300 accounts, and holds $2.2 billion in cash and assets. Our ongoing mission is to provide our clients with education, flexibility, and the basic understanding that their spectrum of self-directed investment abilities may be broader than they think. Free online access to live webinars, recorded videos, and relevant articles help ensure our current and prospective clients receive up-to-date information about the self-directed world. Meanwhile, conference attendance, event hosting, and continuing education courses for certified public accountants, attorneys, and asset providers allow us to spread the word to every member of one’s financial team.
New Direction Trust Company carries Errors and Omissions Insurance, Cyber Security Insurance of $2M, and has a bond of $1M.
New Direction Trust Company was born from a question shared by two talented investors – If the money in my pocket can grow through investments in alternative assets, why can’t the money in my retirement account do the same?
Back in 2001, Catherine Wynne supplemented her work as a mechanical engineer in the nuclear power field with successful property investments. Meanwhile, Bill Humphrey, a Certified Public Accountant, sought to leverage his tax knowledge and maximize the earning potential of similar real estate endeavors.
Both investors wanted to put real estate to work for their retirement plans, but they both encountered road blocks. Most IRA and 401(k) providers didn’t allow real estate holdings, and those that did charged such exorbitant fees that it wasn’t worth the while. When Catherine and Bill met and discovered their common dilemma, they knew they could establish a cost-effective, educational, and customer service-based solution for self-directed investors who sought to reduce their exposure to Wall Street and pursue true retirement diversification.
New Direction IRA was born from their shared vision. Then, after 15 years of providing the best self-directed retirement services in the industry, New Direction Trust Company ushered in a new era of efficiency and technology without sacrificing the bedrock principles that brought them this far.
- 2003: New Direction IRA opened for business as an independently owned franchise of a national retirement provider, all from the humble premises of Bill’s basement.
- 2006: The business expanded to new offices in Lafayette, CO and employed 10 full-time employees
- 2007: New Direction IRA acquired a self-directed retirement franchise in Hawaii to increase its national reach.
- 2009: New Direction continued to grow until it moved into a larger building in Louisville, CO.
- 2010: Total cash and assets under administration reached $300 million.
- 2011: New Direction IRA dissolved the relationship with its franchisor to become an independent national brand with marketing capabilities throughout the United States.
- 2014: Having adopted over 1,000 accounts from a franchise in Minnesota, New Direction IRA reached $1 billion in cash and assets under administration.
- 2018: New Direction IRA became New Direction Trust Company, a Kansas-regulated non-depository trust company based in Overland Park, Kansas with administrative offices in Louisville, Colorado.
- American Association of Private Lenders
- Association of Trust Organizations
- American Bankers Association
- Industry Council for Tangible Assets
- Retirement Industry Trust Association
President and Co-Founder
CEO and Co-Founder
VP, Trust Accounting
VP, Strategic Initiatives
Chief of Staff
VP, Strategy and Marketing
Contact New Direction Trust Company
Contact New Direction Trust Company by whichever method you choose. There is no fee for making contact, they pay us to be listed here. If you submit an email message, it will be sent to the company, and they will reply to you directly. A copy will be saved in our database.