Experts in Environmental and Engineering Assessments
Property Solutions, Inc. offers a variety of environmental and engineering services that are pertinent in helping clients understand and evaluate properties. With the knowledge and help of our qualified environmental scientists, physical geologists, engineers and architects, Property Solutions has established a comprehensive list of services for the real estate industry. Recognizing the different needs that our clients have, we effectively communicate information to our clients. These clients include major rating agencies, law firms, insurance companies, pension funds, Fortune 500 companies, and developers, as well as state and federal government agencies.
Environmental Assessments/Due Diligence
- Phase I Environmental Assessments
- Transaction Screen Process Reports
- Third Party Phase I Environmental Assessment Reviews (Desktop Reviews)
- Portfolio Reviews
- Portfolio Due Diligence Assessments
- Corporate Mergers and Acquisition Due Diligence
- Preliminary Assessments/ Site Investigations
- Environmental Impact Statements (EIS)
- Environmental Assessments (EA)
- Pre-Purchase Due Diligence
- Disposition Due Diligence
- O&M Plans
- Mold Surveys
Phase II Environmental Assessments/ Remedial Investigations/Feasibility Studies
- Subsurface Investigations- Groundwater Investigations
- Expedited Site Investigations/ Subsurface Investigations
- Geophysical Surveys
- Passive and Active Soil Gas Surveys
- State and Federal Contamination Assessment Reports
- Brownfields Assessments
- Risk Assessments (Human Health & Ecological)
- Dry Cleaner Investigations
- UST/ AST Investigations
- GIS Capabilities
- Geological/ Hydrological Evaluations
- Bioremediation/ Natural Attenuation Evacuations
- State Remedial Investigations/ Remedial Action Work Plan Assessments
- Hydraulic Testing- Slug/ Pump Testing
- Soil Vapor Extraction Field Evaluations
- Remediation Cost Evaluation
- Operation and Maintenance Programs
- Contractor Monitoring/ Cost Analysis
- Free- Product Recovery Systems
- Structural Decontamination
- Engineered Dewatering
- Oversight of Pneumatic Soil Removal Operations
- Superfund Project Management
- Quality Assurance (Project Management and Testing) During Hazardous Materials Removal Projects
- Remedial Design- Implementation and Closure
- Groundwater Monitoring Programs
- Emergency Response Management
- Project Management
- Air Quality Surveys (Sick Building Syndrome)
- Asbestos Inspection- Compliance with State, Local, or AHERA Regulations
- Asbestos Air Surveys
- Lead Exposure Surveys
- Asbestos AHERA/ASHARA/OSHA Bulk Surveys (Pre- Renovation/ Demolition Surveys)
- Lead Bulk Surveys
- Indoor Air Quality Studies
- Mold Surveys
- UST and AST Management Plans
- Environmental Compliance Reviews to Ensure Proper Handling and Disposal of Hazardous Wastes
- Emergency Planning/ Right-To-Know (SARA Title III)
- Operations and Management Programs to Safely Deal with Materials and Chemicals Present at Facilities
- OSHA Compliance Audits
- Occupational Exposure Monitoring for Compliance with OSHA Regulations and in Support of Employee Health and Safety Plans
- Dry Cleaner/ Service Station Audits
- Waste generation and recycling rate projections
- Waste stream composition and capture rate analysis
- Commercial container service analysis and right sizing
- Green building waste management program certification (including LEED certification for existing buildings)
- Procurement standardization and centralization
- On-site organics management evaluation
- Green cleaning certification
- Employee recycling education and incentive programs
- Custodial services program and contract review
Property Condition Assessments
The objective of the Property Condition Assessment is to report on the general condition of building systems and to identify those aspects of the property’s physical condition which would require repair and/or replacement, and to estimate the cost associated with completing those repairs/replacements. The completion of such a report can assist in the determination of the risk associated with these costs to the property’s value.
- Property Condition Assessments
- Green Property Condition Assessments
- LEED Building Assessments
- Limited Property Condition Reviews
- Third Party Property Condition Assessment Reviews (Desktop Reviews)
- Portfolio Reviews
Construction Monitoring Services/Plan and Cost Review
The purpose of Construction Monitoring is to assist in the proper underwriting of construction loans, by analyzing the feasibility, cost, and duration of proposed construction projects which are the subject of construction loan financing.
Project Review Report
The purpose of the Project Review Report is to review and evaluate the feasibility and adequacy of the project’s construction documents, plans and specifications, construction costs and schedule. A review of the status of permits, approvals, and certificates required for construction is included. The Report includes a narrative description of project features.
Site Observation Report
Once the construction loan closes and construction commences, periodic (usually monthly) site inspections will be conducted in conjunction with contractors Applications for Payment or as directed by the lender. This includes a review of the performance of each trade on site and review of the status and applications for all necessary permits, a review of monthly contractor requisitions including change orders and support documentation, and a review of the construction schedule and whether there are any delays in completing the project on time.
Construction Consulting Services for Distressed Projects/ Workout Situations
For distressed projects that are in a workout scenario, or foreclosed projects that are partially completed, Property Solutions can determine the status, condition, and quality of construction completed to date. Property Solutions can also establish the status of project permits and approvals and ascertain actions necessary to preserve the projects’ approvals, as well as determine an estimate of the cost to complete construction.
Property Solutions Inc.’s Owner Representative Services bridges the gap between project disciplines and Owner’s Interests through the Team Approach. We act on the Owner’s behalf during the various critical stages by Implementing the Program from pre-Development through Post-Occupancy.
Seismic Risk Analysis
The performance of a Seismic Risk Assessment allows us to calculate a Probable Maximum Loss, or PML, for the property. The PML is expressed as a percentage of loss estimated to occur for a given seismic event.
Construction Consulting Services
- Provide plan and cost analysis.
- Observe the construction work and establish its level of completion.
- Assess general conformance with the lender’s understanding of the scope of work.
- Assess the adequacy of material and workmanship.
- Assess the management, organization, and safety measures at the project site.
- Verify conformance with the provisions of the construction loan agreement.
- Verify the adequacy of the contractor’s application for payment.
- Identify and report construction changes and potential and pending change orders.
- Identify and report status of stored materials and if requested, materials off site.
- Assess the conformance to the construction schedule.
- Verify quality control measures by applicable agencies, architect and engineers, material testing laboratories, and qualified construction inspectors.
- Assess adequacy of the labor on site, and possible union contract/strike hindrances.
- If requested, evaluate sufficiency of funds remaining to complete the project.
Construction Document Review
Review the plan and cost review report. Resolve contingency issues and periodically report on other noted issues.
- Review the draw request for form, format and content. Verify values against original budget and previous recommended disbursements.
- Review the construction loan agreement to extract the construction budget and completion date.
- Periodically refer to the construction loan agreement for disbursement procedures, change order procedures, and out of balance issues.
- Periodically refer to drawings and specifications and compare to those available on site to verify similarity or identify changes.
- Periodically check materials described in the plans and construction analysis against those encountered on site.
- Periodically review the provisions of the construction contract against observed conditions and procedures during site visits.
Construction Project Site Visit
- Walk-around visual observation of the entire project.
- Observation of the specific equipment, fixtures, and systems where funds are being requested in the draw. This may be done on an appropriate sample basis on large projects.
- Verification of appropriate testing and inspection for work.
- Recording of deficiencies.
- Consideration of the general conformance with contract plans and specifications.
- Consideration of the general adequacy of material and workmanship.
- Consideration of the quality of the management, organization, and safety measures at construction site.
Get In Touch
Property Solutions, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading providers of comprehensive environmental and engineering consulting services. Established in 1992 as a specialty consultant to the real estate industry, Property Solutions is now a nationwide, full-service provider of Environmental Assessment Services, Property Condition Assessment Services, Seismic Risk (PML) Assessment Services, Remediation Services, Industrial Hygiene Services, and Construction Management Services. We have performed work in all 50 states, U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
We have evaluated thousands of diverse property types, including multifamily residential developments, industrial facilities, high rise office buildings, hotels, golf courses, and regional mall portfolios. Our strength lies in our ability to take complex real estate concerns and recommend pragmatic and comprehensive solutions in a timely manner. We pride ourselves on responsive, reliable, and cooperative communication with our clients throughout the entire project process. Our personal attention to every client on each project distinguishes us from other consulting firms.
Property Solutions understands that each client has different needs; we recognize those differences which make each of our clients unique. Property Solutions consistently demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate information to a wide array of end users. Our work is well respected among major rating agencies, law firms, insurance companies, pension funds, Fortune 500 companies, and developers, as well as by state and federal government agencies.
Contact Property Solutions Inc.
Contact Property Solutions Inc. by whichever method you choose. There is no fee for making contact, they pay us to be listed here. If you submit an email message, it will be sent to the company, and they will reply to you directly. A copy will be saved in our database.