Loading Additional Profile Sections...
Home Equity Contracts
QuantmRE helps homeowners and residential property investors access the equity that is locked up in their home, without taking on more debt.
How QuantmRE works
- Homeowner receives cash (up to $500,000)
- Homeowner maintains all rights and privileges of ownership
- Homeowner and the equity partner share in future appreciation or depreciation of the home
- It’s not a loan, so no monthly payments and no additional debt
- Unlike debt, the homeowner’s liability is directly connected to value of the home
- Available in 10 year and 30 year terms
- Lien is placed on the home until the equity is returned
- Plus a percentage of the appreciation
- Available to owner-occupied and rental properties
What Are Home Equity Contracts?
- Not a loan or a reverse mortgage
- No monthly payments
- No interest charges
- No restrictions on how the cash is used
- No need for homeowners to tap into their current equity
- No need to pay off existing mortgage
Home Equity Contracts have been used for:
- Short term credit repair
- Asset diversification, supplement income, college funding
- Home improvements (e.g. Accessory Dwelling Unit)
- Debt paydown, including mortgage forbearance, credit cards, HELOC payoff
- Life events and medical or health care expenses
Available to Homeowners in 19 States:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
Top Frequently Asked Questions
Is it too good to be true?
It is not free money but it is better than a loan because there are no interest or monthly payments.
What is the catch?
You have to be willing to share in the upside – we are willing to share in the downside.
Why wouldn’t I do this?
If you’re not willing to share in the upside, or you plan to sell your home in 6 months.
Does my credit score matter?
Yes, the minimum credit score is 600.
How long does it take to receive the funds?
It takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks for the process to complete.
How much equity can I access?
The maximum is 20% of the home’s current value.
What are the fees charged for this service?
There are no fees charged prior to funding. We typically charge a fee of 3-5% of the investment amount upon completion, together with any related fees (e.g.- the appraisal and city lien filing fees). These are always itemized at the beginning of the transaction so there are no surprises for the customer. There are no out-of-pocket expanses for the customer.
Home Equity Contract Case Studies
Case Study #1 – Increase Savings and cash reserves
- Property Location: Los Altos, CA
- Home value: $2,950,000
- Portfolio of ~$500,000
- Accessed 17.25% of current home value ($508,875) with a Home Equity Agreement
- Married couple mid-70’s
They received $508,875 in tax deferred cash to increase their savings and cash reserves and also set up 529 accounts for their grandchildren to fully fund their future college education. This transaction provided access to current home value without debt resulting in a 100% increase in liquid savings and cash reserves.
Case Study #2 – Home Improvement / Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)
- Property Location: Foster City, CA
- Home value: $2,100,000
- Accessed 14% of current home value ($293,750) without a loan or incurring monthly interest payments.
- Married couple
The couple used the proceeds to renovate the home and build an accessory dwelling unit. This renovation improved the property value and allows the couple to generate consistent monthly cash flow via long-term rental tenants or occasional per-night guests.
Case Study #3 – Eliminate Credit Card Debt
- Property Location: Los Altos, CA
- Home value: $1,100,000
- Credit Card Debt: $100K (for business expansion)
- Accessed 16.5% of home value ($181,000) with a Home Equity Agreement
- Business Owner
She paid off the credit card debt of $100K, dramatically improving her cash flow and kept the remaining $81k for cash reserves and business opportunities.
The QuantmRE Equity Freedom Platform is a ground-breaking, patent-pending real estate investment and finance platform that has been designed to give homeowners and investors unprecedented access to the equity in single family homes. We’re solving a major problem for homeowners who want to access the equity in their homes without taking on more debt. We call this Equity Freedom. For investors, we have designed a platform to build, model, manage and trade personalized portfolios of investments based on this multi-trillon dollar asset class.
CA DRE Broker Lic. 02073200
Real Estate Sectors
- Residential Investment Real Estate
- Residential Owner-Occupied Real Estate
- Residential Property Investors